Chitika

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lira’s ‘Phakade’ Video exclusive to Channel O would air on Val’s day

Channel O is giving its viewers a Valentine’s Day special – the exclusive video premiere of Lira’s “Phakade”.
Catch the exclusive premiere of “Phakade” from one of the continent’s most celebrated and respected songstress Lira, on the Crispy Fresh Xpress on Monday 14 February at 17:30 CAT.
“Phakade” is taken off her fourth studio album titled Return to Love. The album draws together everything that Lira has worked for since she first embarked on her music career – at first tentatively with her 2003 debut All My Love and from 2006’s Feel Good.
“I was very focused on defining the
‘Lira’ sound even more, with this album,” says Lira. “I wanted to send this out into the greater musical world with a real solid, really refined sound that is unmistakably my own,” she adds.
The 11 track album finds its lyrical footing in all the things that Lira loves – from dancing to singing, being introspective, loving others, philosophising, and stirring people’s consciousness. “I love to dance. I love to love! I’m a romantic. But I also like to be contemplative,” she says.
It was her passion for music that saw Lira reject a potential career in business – she studied Financial Accounting and Auditing at the Vaal Technikon. Her desire to be a musician came early and never went away. In fact, she wrote her first song at just 16 and never really stopped.
“A few friends and I decided to enter a talent show – and we wrote a couple of songs and one of the songs I wrote, called “Let Me Be”, went on to win best composition and best performance,” Lira recalls. “It was an epiphany for me – at that moment I realised that I could express myself creatively through music and that people got it,” she adds.
Undoubtedly, since then, Lira had an exceptional 2010 – getting married and becoming the first South African artist to release a live music concert on Blu-ray and selling multi-platinum numbers of her live DVD.
Catch the exclusive video premiere of Lira’s “Phakade” at 17:30, first and exclusive on Channel O. Original African.

No comments:

Post a Comment